Tuesday 20 July 2010

GRANNY'S TREND!

MAXI DRESSES! & NAUTICAL!

Don't you just love them. They show off your body, make you look taller and are just very appealing. Well that's what some people think. One of my friends told me that they look a bit like what grannies wear!!! Can you believe that? Can you see your gran wearing a maxi dress!? mmm, well it depends actually. Some grans look rather lovely whilst others are a bit too wrinkly for maxi dresses, maybe a nice cardigan would do the trick but then again, we shouldn't under-estimate the older woman (grannies & co) as they know much more about fashion than any of us young, hip fashionistas do.

Enough about grannies though, it's all about the new trend of maxi dresses and there are loads everywhere. River Island even have a complete section on their site dedicated to maxi dresses so you should definitely head over there. I'm buying a maxi dress soon so when I get a picture of moi in it, you'll definately be all hearing how to wear them.

Next on my list of unbeatabal trends is NAUTICAL! Nautical fashion is soo 2010. It's been featured in fashion shows and is all about sailors and being in marines! I like it. It's pulled off really well and can look absolutely goregous. The only problem I have with it is that you can have too much sailor. The plus side is since it's red, blue and white, I can turn the look into a slightly british theme too as well as my beloved americana, which I'll be writing about very soon.

Celebs love it too as here, Becki Newton (from Ugly Betty - don't you looove that show!!) is looking nearly nautical at new york fashion week which I really do adore. She's working it but not too much. Just enough to show that she's following the trend which I think I'd do
too.


All in all Nautical is all about patterns and Chanel shows us that it isn't all about red, blue and white in their Resort 2010. Nautical reminds me a bit of French Girl who's travelled the world and has come back with her crazy american boyfriend, wanting to show the world about her styllle!!!

I now love Nautical after converting myself during this post so get out those strippy tops, high-waisted shorts and sailors hats because thy ship is ready so AHOY!! FASHIONISTAS!!!

Peace out and Fashion Forever babyyy, yeaaah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment